Address the following:
- Explain the state of MARYLAND laws for involuntary psychiatric holds for child and adult psychiatric emergencies. Include who can hold a patient and for how long, who can release the emergency hold, and who can pick up the patient after a hold is released.
- Explain the differences among emergency hospitalization for evaluation/psychiatric hold, inpatient commitment, and outpatient commitment in MARYLAND
- Explain the difference between capacity and competency in mental health contexts.
- Topic: CONFIDENTIALITY: Explain one legal issue and one ethical issue related to this topic that may apply within the context of treating psychiatric emergencies.
- Identify one evidence-based suicide risk assessment that you could use to screen patients.
- Identify one evidence-based violence risk assessment that you could use to screen patients.