For this week, you will have a chance to reflect, create, and practice the concepts you have learned throughout the course. You have learned about effective program models, types of programs, relevant theories, evidence-based practices, educator competencies, professionalism, state expectations, policies, regulations, fiscal management, facility planning and management, the role of the program administrator as the instructional leader, and the role of leadership in developing and implementing early childhood programs.
For this assignment, you will create an integrated curriculum plan for an early childhood program. Remember that the topic must be relevant and reflect the interest of the children, teachers, and families. Design your integrated curriculum plan for a new early childhood program using one of the following components:
- Brainstorm as many curriculum areas as you can. Identify the relevant educational theories for these areas and include them in the integrated curriculum.
- Determine the program model of the curriculum.
- Generate all feasible best practices (effective methods and principles of teaching used to deliver information to students-scaffolding, modeling, environmental cues, guided practice, ask questions, use of technology, etc.) to instruct each content area (Reading, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Art and Music).
- Plan for a diverse population. Define what activities are excellent for these diverse areas.
- Evaluate how competencies of early childhood professionals influence the curriculum quality.
- Discuss how the curriculum meets your state’s guidelines and regulations as they relate to early childhood education programs.
Length: 10-12 pages, excluding images and the title and reference pages. .
References: Include a minimum of seven (7) scholarly references that are seminal references or published within the last five (5) years.
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations and current APA standards, and adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.