Late Submission Policy
- This assignment is subject to the Late Submission penalty policy, namely 5% per day for three days.
- This page will close and will not allow further submissions after this Late Submission period has expired.
- In the event of an emergency situation preventing you from submitting within this time frame, special permission must be obtained from your instructor. Documentation substantiating emergency is required. In such a circumstance, if the extension is granted, the professor will reopen the submission function for you on an individual basis.
- Please do not email your submissions to your professor, either before or after the due date; all coursework should be submitted through the online course (Moodle).
Upon successful completion of the midterm paper, students will be able to:
- differentiate between functional and dysfunctional conflicts in a Project Management Office (PMO);
- analysis complex project team issues on projects in transition; and
- identify the need and importance of project planning to meet the demands of troubling projects.
This assignment aims at applying the various topic areas on project leadership to a case study in order to develop their analytical abilities.
You are required to submit a midterm paper on the analysis of “Ajax Project” case study.
- The intent of this paper is for students to delve deeper into the various concepts of the project chapters/topic areas covered in this course – sourcing additional material and synthesizing that additional information in a concise summary of the case study and demonstrating critical thinking.
- The paper must have a separate title page and a separate page for references at the end. It is expected that the introduction comprises no more than 10% of the paper, the research body is to be roughly 70% of the paper, and the remaining 20% to be conclusion with application/reflection.
- Answer the questions at the end of the case
- The paper is to follow APA rules and guidelines.
- You must have at least 2 academic sources.
- The paper is to be 1200 (+/- 120) words in length.
All submissions MUST be done through Turnitin with a similarity level not greater than 15%.
The Midterm Paper will be marked in its entirety out of 100. The following rubric indicates the criteria students are to adhere to, and their relative weights to the assignment overall. Grades and/or feedback will be made available to students no later than one week after submission.
% of Final Grade
Critical Analysis and Research (60%)
a. Depth of background summary (supported by research)
b. Appropriateness of research (academic)
a. Uses language clearly and effectively
b. Information organized intelligently and holistically
c. Proper introduction and conclusion to paper
Attention to Detail (10%)
a. APA Referencing and formatting (title, headings, and references)
b. Spelling and grammar