NEEDS TO BE COPLETED BY 1/23/2022- DO NOT ACCEPT BID IF YOU CAN NOT PROVIDE WORK ON TIME!!!!
Advances in technology are a double-edged sword in criminal justice. On one hand, new technologies can help criminal justice practitioners monitor and gain important information about suspects to prevent and solve deadly crimes. On the other hand, this type of surveillance can result in collateral damage when the privacy of innocent, law-abiding citizens is violated.
For this Assignment, consider how surveillance is used to monitor Internet activity. Think about the conflict between surveillance for public safety and violation of privacy. Does the end justify the means?
Use the Library and the Internet to find examples of surveillance systems that focus on technology and the Internet.
Using the Walden Writing Center APA Course Paper Template, write a 3- to 5-page paper in which you do the following:
- Describe how our day-to-day uses of the Internet are subject to surveillance.
- Explain whether such surveillance measures are justified by claims that they are necessary for tackling cybercrime.
- Explain whether citizens can trust states when it comes to citizen privacy.
- Explain why the regulation of privacy-enhancing technologies such as encryption is so difficult to address.
- Explain whether it is possible to meet the demands and needs of all social constituencies at the same time.