- Review the What Is Intersectionality? video in the Learning Resources. Reflect on intersectionality and what it might look like for clients you meet in practice.
- Access the Social Work Case Studies media in the Learning Resources and explore Crystal’s case.
By Day 7
Submit a 3-page paper in which you address the following:
- Identify the dimensions of identity present in the case.
- Explain how these dimensions overlap and intersect to compound experiences of oppression.
- Explain how you would approach the case as a social worker. How would you intervene or empower the client?
- Would you explore social class as a contributor to the client’s experience—why or why not? Does class matter?