- Week 3 Assignment – Value Proposition in Patient Care
Paradise Hospital, Inc., is a for-profit hospital. As the facility’s new hospital administrator, you have been tasked with improving the service value of the hospital. The administration has not done this process since the hospital began operating in 1995. The investors are not familiar with the value proposition strategies of hospitals in current-day America. The goal is to improve patient services by focusing on quality of care.
Note: You may create or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a 4–6 page paper in which you:
- Explain the meaning of value-added service as it pertains to patient care services, and argue the major reasons why it matters to add value to patient services. Justify your response.
- Recommend a system for identifying the functional areas in which changes might be necessary in order to improve the hospital’s service value. Describe the key methods that you would use to acquire the information necessary to identify the specified functional areas.
- Describe four specific areas where you believe the administration can add value in Paradise Hospital, and argue the most significant reasons why such a value proposition would improve the value of services to the patients.
- Use at least four quality sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- Use the Strayer University Online Library to find quality academic resources that are current (within the last five years) for this assignment.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose areas where a hospital can add value to patient services.
- Institution Release Statement